Saturday, March 30, 2013

Impulse Buy: Very YSL Palette

On our flight back to Manila from Bangkok, I was seated comfortably and browsing through the in-flight Duty Free of Thai Airways, I stumbled upon this cutie and very chic, Very YSL Palette. I wanted to turn my back away from it but I felt that it is a good steal for US$54 so I called the flight attendant and requested for a stock. I failed to resist the temptation and immediately swiped my card. TADAH! Here comes my palette!

It comes with 4 shades of eye shadows in Violet, Taupe, Parme, and Rose, 2 lip glosses in Pink, and a very light shimmering pink blush plus a very basic blush brush, eye shadow sponge, and lip brush.

What I like?
  • The chic packaging that reminds me of the old school flip mobile phone in pink color is irresistable. 
  • The size is travel friendly and I feel that it is good enough for quick touch ups.
  • Pink lip glosses - this is the first time that I purchased a pink lip color and surprisingly, my workmates said that it looked good on me.
  • Eye shadows - limited colors but can create an instant day and night look
What I don't like?
  • This is my first non-VMV make up purchase for quite some time now. I'm just surprised that this product is not actually odorless. Not really sure why. Do other YSL make up smell like this?
  • The blush seems to be more of a highlighter to me rather than a blush. I'm not contented with the color so I need to put another blush on my cheeks whenever I use this.

Overall, this is a good buy for those ladies who are looking for a travel palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment